A thermal imaging camera use different forms of infrared technology to measure temperature. When used correctly, thermal imaging systems accurately measure someone’s surface skin temperature without being physically close to the person being evaluated. A thermal imaging camera or thermal imaging scanner is a non-contact temperature measurement device to detect the infrared energy emitted, transmitted, or reflected by all materials.
Benefits of Thermal Imaging Camera
1. The person who handles the thermal imaging system is not required to be physically close to the person being evaluated. In fact, the person who handles the thermal imaging system could be in a different area or room.
2. The thermal imaging system may measure surface skin temperature faster than the typical forehead or oral (mouth) thermometer that requires a close distance or physical contact with the person being evaluated.
3. Scientific studies show that, when used correctly, thermal imaging systems generally measure surface skin temperature accurately.
Uses of Thermal Imaging Camera
1. Measure only one person’s surface skin temperature at a time.
2. Position the person at a fixed distance (follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use) from the thermal imaging system, directly facing the camera.
3. The image area should include the person’s whole face and the calibrated blackbody, if using one.
4. If an increased temperature is seen using the thermal imaging system, you should use a different method to confirm a fever. Public health officials can help you determine if the fever is a sign of infection.
Choosing and purchasing a high-quality thermal imaging camera
Thermal imaging is an impressive and compact method of identifying, measuring and visualising heat patterns, particularly in environments where there’s a lack of visible light. Armed with an effective and high-quality thermal imaging camera, there are a broad range of applications available, from industrial to health to research and science and so much more.
It’s crucial to use a high-quality product to ensure that you detect and record accurate measurements. A big difference between different types of thermal imagers are the resolution and clarity of the images they provide.
Here at Konntek, we are proud to offer a wide range of thermal imaging camera suitable for all kinds of applications Our suite of top-range thermal imagers are expertise in innovative measurement solutions that are guaranteed to meet your needs.
Contact us or call +1 905 233 7338 to find out more information.